When scanning through social media feeds, do you find yourself clicking on visual content with engaging graphics, photos, and playful fonts? According to Inc.com, “social posts can generate up to 94% more views when they contain compelling visuals.”
We post information because we want to share useful content. Rather than crossing our fingers and hoping someone will read our posts, why not create an interesting image to attract an audience?
RELAY and Adobe Spark will make your social media posts noteworthy. I played around with both web applications to enhance an image for a post on Twitter and Facebook highlighting an article titled “Practice Makes Possible: What We Learn By Studying Amazing Kids,” written by Corey Turner from NPR Ed.
Why I Like RELAY:
- It’s free
- After uploading an image, a logo and text, RELAY creates a large variety of different designs ready to post on social media.
- RELAY offers interesting graphics, templates, and layout designs
- Pictures are resized for multiple social media feeds with a click of a button
- There is an option to tag the image for search engine optimization
- Short how-to video clips are available
- I used my laptop to create the image.
- RELAY has a Book Promo template that I am interested in using.
Give yourself plenty of time to play with RELAY because there is a bit of a learning curve with all of the available options.
Why I Like Adobe Spark:
- It’s free
- Gorgeous images are available
- There are beautiful themes to work with
- You can create a compelling visual in under a minute with Adobe Spark’s intuitive platform
- Adobe Spark made the AASL ‘s Best Apps for Teaching and Learning list
- Images are resized to post on social media
- Adobe Spark is a website and an app.
I created the header for this post with RELAY.
Boitnott, John. “Why You Need to Go Visual in Social Media in 2016.” Inc. 11 Jan. 2016. Web. 28 June 2016.
Turner, Corey. “Practice Makes Possible: What We Learn By Studying Amazing Kids – NPR Ed.” NPR Ed. 1 June 2016. Web. 27 June 2016.
Author: Maureen Schlosser
Author: Lessons Inspired by Picture Books for Primary Grades and Social and Emotional Learning for Picture Book Readers published by ALA Editions
Skillshare Teacher: https://skl.sh/3a852D5